Complaints at CALIf you have a complaint about a situation or staff member at CAL, please let the administration know. They take all visitor complaints seriously and work very hard to find solutions. The person to contact at CAL is the Public Information Officer, Lt. Everardo Silva. He may be reached by calling the main phone number 760-348-7000 X6002 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Citizen’s Complaint FormYou have the right to make a complaint against a prison employee for any improper conduct. California law requires a procedure to investigate citizens’ complaints. You have a right to a written description of this procedure. Citizen’s Complaint Form and Instructions
The names and addresses of the legislators which represent you can be found on the link below.
Points to Remember for Writing to Legislators
- Limit your letter to one page. People have limited time, thus one page letters are often more effective and better received.
- A letter may be either typed or handwritten. In today’s electronic age, a handwritten letter can stand out.
- Get to the point. State the problem and your opinion. A short personal story can be very effective. Keep it positive.
- Check your grammar, spelling, and punctuation. These are educated people. Your letter will be better received when it is written properly.
- Mention that you are a voter. Politicians value voters’ opinions, especially their constituents. Expound on your subject and keep it to the point.